I have found a favorite new product for creating birthday cards — the Sprinkles Stencil! It can be used on a card for a person of any age and you can easily change the look by the technique you use to stencil and the colors you choose. Today I’ve created a colorful background using some bright ink colors and sponge daubers.
Sponge daubers are the perfect size for applying a different color of ink to each sprinkle. After creating the background I stamped and heat embossed some ice cream images from the Oh Happy Day by Lia set. I colored in the images using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to match the background.
Then I stamped the birthday message from the Color Layering Ice Cream set with black ink. And a final touch of a cherry heart on top of the ice cream sundae covered in Glossy Accents finished off the card.
There are so many ways to create fun backgrounds with this stencil and here are a few ways that I plan to use it:
- • use embossing paste to create raised, textured sprinkles
- • apply VersaMark over the stencil and then heat emboss the sprinkles
- • create subtle background by using tone-on-tone colors
- • heat emboss onto vellum and overlay over colored cardstock
- • double the amount of sprinkles by stenciling the design several times over a background
So if you’re looking for a great product to add to your stash for creating birthday cards, you can’t go wrong with the Sprinkles Stencil!